1) created a user in IM with email format and super user rights[email protected]
2) made sure the hub format was still set to $username
3) Tested logging into IM with [email protected]
and [email protected]
4) deactivated wasp
5) changed the portal-ext.properties
6) activated wasp
7) tested login with both accounts and they DID NOT WORK.
8) only login with screen name worked.
9) we were not even seeing the login attempt in the wasp.log when using email address in properties files.
10) we followed the below instructions from Liferay to set the login module configuration to email address and this fixed the issue.http://liferaytutorial.blogspot.com/2014/06/how-to-change-authentication-type-for.html?_sm_au_=iVVnJVkfWVj8Rvf8