When doing a PF5 Scan in the CA Endevor Integration for the Natural Environment or CA Endevor INE (or EINE) interface, it does not find all occurrences of the search argument.
It finds the occurrences that are in upper case but none that are in lower case or in mixed case. Or it finds the occurrences that are in lower case but not in upper case or mixed case.
The Scan search argument is case sensitive. The search argument must be entered in the exact case as it is found in the element display.
If the Natural nucleus is set up with upper case translation enabled, the PF5 Scan argument entered will be automatically converted to upper case and text in the element display that is in lower or mixed case will not be found.
CA Endevor Integration for the Natural Environment (EINE) V18.0 INC01 or higher
The EINE administrator can disable the Natural upper case translation by updating either the EINE start up program or the EINE Logon Exit - UEXIT01.
NOTE: If the Endevor password entered when logging on EINE must be translated to upper case for batch job submissions to avoid password errors, disable the upper case translation in the EINE Logon Exit - UEXIT01.
Option 1: Disable Natural upper case translation in the EINE start-up program:
1) Add a SET CONTROL 'L' statement to the EINE start-up program -
SET GLOBALS DC=. ID=, WH=ON
SET CONTROL 'L' /* Disable upper case translation
STACK COMMAND 'SETUP *' /* Set RETURN point
STACK COMMAND 'LOGON EINELIB'
STACK COMMAND 'GLOBALS CF=OFF' /* disable '%%' exit from screens
STACK COMMAND 'MENU'
STACK DATA *LIBRARY-ID
2) STOW the EINE start-up program
Option 2: Disable Natural upper case translation in the EINE Logon Exit - UEXIT01:
1) Edit UEXIT01 and add a SET CONTROL 'L' statement -
/*===== Initialization =====*/
SET CONTROL 'L' /* Disable upper case translation*
2) STOW UEXIT01
3) You must activate the logon exit program by updating the start-up user exit program UEXIT00. Turn the +EINE-LOGON-EXIT-ENABLED on by uncommenting out the MOVE statement and changing the N to Y.
4) STOW UEXIT00
5) Shutdown and restart the EINE Server
6) Logon to EINE and if you do not get the logon window to enter your password, log out using the X option to force the entering of the password again.
When exiting the EINE application, the upper case translation can be restored by updating the EINE termination exit - UEXIT99.
1) Edit the UEXIT99 termination exit and add a SET CONTROL 'U' statement -
* DEFINE DATA
STACK TOP COMMAND 'RETURN'
/* Uncomment if message line should be set to bottom of screen */
* SET CONTROL 'MB'
SET CONTROL 'U' /* Enable upper case translation
2) STOW UEXIT99
When in the pop-up window with the PF5 Scan function, press PF1 - Help for additional information on how the PF5 Scan function works.