When browsing to the UMP, it always shows "This server is not registered." Screen capture is this.
On portal.log we may see:
This applies to Liferay, the third party portal software used as the underlying framework for UMP.
Liferay EE 6.1.30 is packaged with UMP 7.6 through 8.31, and possibly newer versions once released.
Please check presence of liferay license file ( /probes/service/wasp/license/CAOEM_PortalOEM_oem.li ) in UMP robot.
A: If the license file is present, this is a system clock related issue.
B: If the license file is corrupt or missing, need to recover the file.
This issue is not related to the licenses in place but could be caused by some corruption.
The following procedure should bring back UMP as normal.
1. Deactivate 'wasp' probe in UMP robot.
2. Take backup of the entire "ROOT" folder in <nimsoft>/probes/service/wasp/webapps
3. Re-run UMP installer.
4. (If the file is still missing) Copy the entire "license" folder in <nimsoft>/probes/service/data to <nimsoft>/probes/service/wasp folder.
5. Restore "ROOT" folder backup to <nimsoft>/probes/service/wasp/webapps
6. Activate 'wasp' probe in UMP robot.
Note: the reason we back up ROOT up in this manner is that deploying ump.zip also deploys a new ROOT webapp and this can destroy some customizations (like custom logos).
We always want to keep the current/existing ROOT folder backed up and put it back in place.