How do I force Archive to use a new volser even if the old volser is not full?
- To force the Archive task to use a new volser, sign in to Dispatch and from the main menu select option 9 for SYSGEN.
- From the VSGMI100 (Sysgen Option Menu) screen select option A for Archive Control.
- You will be on the VSGMU210 - Sysgen Archive Control Information Screen where you will see 3 Archive Task ID's.
- Blank out the volser for the archive task that you want to call for a new volser.
So for Archive task 1 it would look like this:
Opt Taskid Current Volser/File
==> _ ARCH1 Tape ==> 572233
- Using the space bar, blank out the 572233 being shown as the active volser, then hit the ENTER key.
- You should receive an "information has been updated" acknowledgement confirming the tape was closed out.
- The next time the Archive subtask is started it will call for a new scratch volser.