ALERT: Some images may not load properly within the Knowledge Base Article. If you see a broken image, please right-click and select 'Open image in a new tab'. We apologize for this inconvenience.
Can you create autonumbered tasks in MSP or OWB to save to PPM?
Article ID: 33315
Clarity PPM SaaS
Clarity PPM On Premise
- Is it possible to create an auto-numbered task from Microsoft Project (MSP) or Open Workbench (OWB)?
- The Task ID Auto-Increment is not working when a task is added from a scheduler such as MSP
This is working as designed. Auto numbering of task IDs is not possible if the task is created in OWB or MSP.
Release: All Supported Releases
Component: ODMSP, PPMMSP
If you want to use the autonumbering for tasks you must create the tasks in Clarity before they are exported to MSP or OWB.
A few options to have a task ID populated from within the scheduler tools:
- MSP: If you are creating tasks in Microsoft Project (MSP), you can enter a Task ID manually in the Text1 field to create a task ID for those tasks.
- OWB: You can add the ID attribute to your OWB view and enter an ID manually and that will be saved to Clarity.
- KB000033156: How many characters are allowed for task ID in MSP and OWB?
- KB 141061 - How to search for known Clarity PPM Issues using Self Service
- KB: 71385 - CA Clarity PPM and MSP integration - List of Knowledge Documents
- KB: 15956 - CA Clarity PPM and MSP integration known defects - Support Technical Document Index