After upgrading a NetQoS product to a later version which converts from MySQL 5.1 to MySQL 5.6, the MySQL 5.1 instance can still be left behind.
There are 3 scenario's where this can affect us:
- The <x:\installdir\mysql51\bin> directory still shows up in Windows Environment 'Path Variables'.
- The <x:\installdir\mysql51\bin> directory itself should not exist on NFA 9.3+, UCM 3.9+, or ADA 10.2+.
- The 'NetQoS MySQL51' Service still shows up in Windows Services.
- To resolve 'Problem 1' please see this document TEC1235538 and then reboot the machine.
- Once rebooted the <x:\installdir\mysql51\bin> directory should delete without issue resolving 'Problem 2'.
- To resolve 'Problem 3' please:
- Go to start, then run.
- Type regedit and navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services
- Delete the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\NetQoS MySql51 key.
- Reboot the machine.