Error "(401)Unauthorized" when trying to connect from Jasper Studio in a SaaS System
Steps to Reproduce:
Expected Result: The Connection should be successful provided all the information are correct
Actual Result: Error "(401)Unauthorized"
Jasperstudio connects using an internally defined user which has "ROLE_ADMINISTRATOR" access rights, we need to make sure that the user is set-up properly and SaaaS Systems are configured to allow only SOAP Protocol.
Release: Clarity PPM 15.1-15.7 (SaaS and On-Prem)
Component: CLARITY PPM JASPERSOFT
Ensure you have the user set-up properly in Jasper Server. To Do this follow the below instructions.
1. As an User who has the "Advanced Reporting - Administer" right navigate to Home -> Advanced Reporting.
2. On the Jaspersoft home page navigate to Manage -> Users.
3. Click on "Add User" to add a new User and furnish the details such as "User Name", "Password", "Email".
4. Once the user is added search for the newly created user and click on "Edit".
5. Search for "ROLE_ADMINISTRATOR" under Roles Available and add it to the User. Once it's added click on save.
Change the Jaspersoft Reports Server profile to use SOAP protocol.