WCC database has been moved from Derby to Oracle, do I still need to start the CA-wcc-db service?
When the WCC database is moved from Derby to Oracle, the CA-wcc-db service is no longer required.
A typical 'unifstat' or 'ustat' output is:
CA-wcc-services Server 10224 running
CA-wcc-db Server 10718 running
CA-wcc Server 10455 running
You can remove this service on Unix or Linux with these steps:
- logon as root
- unisrvcntr stop CA-wcc-db ( to stop Derby database which is not required if WCC database has been moved to Oracle )
- unisrvcntr register -D CA-wcc-db ( to De-Register this service)
- Then run again 'unifstat' or 'ustat' commands and the CA-wcc-db Server should no longer be there
- When done, the startup CA-wcc-db startup script is removed from /etc/init.d directory on Linux for example
- To get the usage of the unisrvcntr command, type: unisrvcntr -h
Details about -D option:
register -D <service(s)>
-D De-Register and Fully Remove this Service.
(Remove from bootstrap area, all Main Services, and delete Entry in Service Center Area.)