If CPF comes down for whatever reason, what are the steps to restart it?
Issue a TSS MODIFY STATUS(CPF) to check the status of the CPF connection.
1. If the connection is down, make sure the ENF started task is up on each side of the CPF connection.
2. If ENF is up on both sides of the CPF connection, issue a TSS MODIFY CPF(OFF) then TSS MODIFY CPF(ON) on each side of the CPF connection.
3. Issue a TSS MODIFY STATUS(CPF) connection again on each side of the CPF to determine if the connection is up.
4. If the CPF connection is still not up, recycle ENF on both sides and do the TSS MODIFY CPF(OFF) and CPF(ON) again on both sides of the CPF connection.
5. If that doesn't help, the last thing to do is recycle the CA Top Secret address space. Do one system at a time using the TSS MODIFY STATUS(CPF) to check the status of the link. If the problem is resolved, just by doing one, you don't need to do the other.
Release: TOPSEC00200-15-Top Secret-Security