The post-installation steps of patch RO79125 include the following instruction:
"Copy the CABIPatch folder to the CABI 4.1 Server and unzip the CABIPatch.zip file. Launch CABIPatchSetup.exe."
When I launch CABIPatchSetup.exe, the CA Service Management BIAR Importer runs. However, after I finish entering the requested information into the pages presented by the installer and click on "Install", the loading symbol appears (
<Please see attached file for image>). When I click on "Finish", the loading symbol persists indefinitely.
<Please see attached file for image>
So, I click on the "Cancel" button and when I review the Patchlog.log file that exists in the same location as CABIPatchSetup.exe, the following block of messages have just been written at the end of the log file:
INFO : The Output Stream is :
INFO : The Error Stream is :'C:\Program' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.
INFO : Command terminated with exit code: 1
INFO : The Exit Code is : 1
Error : INFO : Uploading biar file failed.
Error : [Ljava.lang.StackTraceElement;@e398a7
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Create the following directory on the CABI server if it does not already exist:
C:\Program Files (x86)\CA\SC\CommonReporting4\CABI_Patch
2. Unzip CABIPatch.zip file and extract it to the location from step #1. Notice that a subdirectory named "CABIPatch" is created and contains all of the extracted files. The full path of the extracted files is:
C:\Program Files (x86)\CA\SC\CommonReporting4\CABI_Patch\CABIPatch
3. In the subdirectory, from step#2, notice that there is a file named CABIPatchSetup.exe.
4. Run CABIPatchSetup.exe. Enter the correct values in the parameter fields of all forms, clicking Next each time the form has been completed.
5. When the "Finish" button is available, click on it and then wait at least 5 minutes.
6. Notice that the loading symbol does not disappear.
7. Click the "Cancel" button.
8. Review the file named Patchlog.log that exists at this location: "C:\Program Files (x86)\CA\SC\CommonReporting4\CABI_Patch\CABIPatch"
CA Business Intelligence (CABI) Server on Windows
The CA Service Management BIAR Importer that is included in CABI patch RO79125 cannot run within a location that has a long full path or contains special characters such as blank and parenthesis.
To review the post-installation steps for patch RO79215, please see the Solution Document for RO79125.
Release: SDMU0M99000-14.1-Service Desk Manager-Full License