Projects with baselines saved in Microsoft Project (MSP) 2010 (or older) and then opened in MSP 2013 generate error message saying: "Schedlink MFC Application has stopped working"
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Create a project with a baseline in PPM
2. Open the project in MSP 2010
3. Create a task in MSP 2010 and save back to PPM
4. Open the project from PPM to MSP 2013
Expected Results: The project opens successfully in MSP 2013
Actual Results: Receive a message saying some similar to "Project: 11 Receiving baseline revision: 1" and/or "Schedlink MFC Application has stopped working"
This issue is caused by CLRT-77308. It appears the issue is due to baselines that are created pre MSP 2013.
MSP Interface: Legacy Driver
MSP Version: 2013
This issue is fixed in CA PPM 14.4.
Temporarily delete the mpp file from the prdocument table for the project(s) with the issue.
If on CA PPM 14.3 or lower, it is recommended to only save a project in one version of MSP, as this issue will happen each time the project is saved in MSP2010 and then attempted to be opened in MSP 2013.
Below are the steps to do this (For On Demand customers, please open a case to have this resolved):
IMPACT OF RUNNING SCRIPT:
Run the below query on the PPM Database:
set prrecordid = ?? where prrecordid=?
and prtablename= 'PRJ_PROJECTS'
1. Replace the ? with the 5 million number of the project. For ?? change the 5 to a 9. This will create a backup of the record in the database.
2. Run the below query to ensure that there is not already a project with the ?? prrecordid:
select * from prdocument where prrecordid = ??
3. To find the 5 million number for the project, you can run the below query (or it can be found in the PPM URL when clicking on the link to the project from the project list)
select id from inv_investments where name='<project name>' and object_type = 'PROJECT'