In the new MSP (Microsoft Project) Driver, custom views are not saved in the project.
In the new driver, customized views are no longer saved in the MPP (Microsoft Project project) file. You can instead create any custom views (and the associated tables) and place them in the global.mpt file.
Example on how to do that using the Gantt Chart view type:
1) In MSP, click on the Views tab
2) Modify the desired view
3) Click on the drop down for the View type you want to save the View to. (Example: Gantt Chart)
4) Select the 'Save View' option
5) Enter a name for the custom view and click OK. This saves the custom view in the global.mpt on the workstation.
6) To access the view the next time you open the project from PPM, select the View drop down (In this case, 'Gantt Chart'), then select the new view you created under 'Custom'.
7) To make this view the default view that is launched when a project is opened in MSP:
Reference 37212 - In the MSP New driver, highlighting of tasks is no longer saved
Reference KB000095516 - In the MSP New Driver, the Task Details form Disappears
Reference 13234 - Can Custom Field Names in MSP be exported as column names for projects exported from PPM?
Reference 6641 - In the MSP New Driver, Tasks/Milestones added to Timeline view are not Preserved