Install and Configure the new 12.1 on the production System
- Do a new install of 12.1 on the production System
- Run the ConfigTool and configure 12.1 based on the 12.0 values. You may use the same database or create a test database.
- Change the ports of the new 12.1 production system to test ports:
- Edit apache-tomcat/conf/server.xml
- Tomcat/Web Viewer uses 8080, 8009, and 8005 by default. You will have to change any of these ports that are in use by the 12.0 production system.
- Test the 12.1 production system
- Start the 12.1 application
- Test it while it is running on the alternate Tomcat ports
Cutover to the New 12.1 System
- Stop the 12.1 application
- Change the ports of your 12.1 production system to the final production
- Stop the 12.0 Apache Tomcat
- Start the 12.1. The turnover time of the final switch, should be quite fast. Probably one or two minutes.
If anything goes wrong:
- Stop the 12.1 application server
- Restart the 12.0 application server.