Using the 14.2 new MSP driver, work (ETC) that are entered in MSP from a Monthly time scale are saved to CA PPM correctly, but when the project is opened back out to MSP, the ETC for each of the last day of a month - if not falling into non working day will be set to 0. The total ETC is decreased for the task.
Steps to Reproduce:
- Create a project in clarity, with one task and one resource having availability of 8 hours per day.
- Set Task date from 3 August - 31 December 2015 (the duration should span several months)
- Assign that resource to that task
- Open the project in MSP 2010 (New Driver) from CA PPM.
- In MSP on the Task Usage Tools page set the Timescale to display Monthly and modify ETC values for each month as follows;
- August - 10 hrs, September - 20hrs, October - 30hrs, November - 40hrs, December - 50hr
- Save changes to Clarity and close MSP down.
- Open Project in CA PPM, On the task list page add a Timescale value field showing monthly ETC from August to December 2015.
- The monthly ETC displays correctly In CA PPM as per values saved from MSP 2010
- Now open the project as read\write in MSP2010 again
Expected Result: Monthly Task ETC values to shows values as shown in in step 5 above
Actual Result: Monthly Task ETC values are altered eg: Aug - 10.25hrs, Sept - 18.37hrs, Oct - 30hrs, Nov - 39.83hrs, Dec - 48.27hrs. Last day of months such as Aug 31 has 0 ETC
Applies to all supported PAS environments for specified releases.
Caused by CLRT-78676
Resolved in CA PPM 14.2 Generic Patch #6.
This issue only occurs in v14.2 ; it is not reproduced in v14.3 ; therefore you won't see this issue listed in the Resolved Defects for v14.3
Enter ETC in Weekly time scale instead of Monthly time scale.
Reference TEC1398937 : PPM 14.2 Generic Patch available to resolve reported issues