MSP Task % Complete mismatch: In Clarity it shows 100%, while in MSP it shows 99%
Article ID: 32475
Clarity PPM On Premise
- In Microsoft Project (MSP), % Complete is incorrectly showing as 99% for one or more tasks, while in Clarity PPM it is showing as 100%.
- Another symptom reported can be that the % complete is being calculated based on on start/finish dates, but it's expected the % Complete should be able to be set manually.
- This issue can happen if the MSP Option 'Updating Task status updates resource status' is checked.
- It is required to have this unchecked when integrating MSP with Clarity PPM.
Release: All Supported Releases
Component: Clarity PPM MSP
Uncheck 'Updating Task status updates resource status' using the below steps:
- Open the project in MSP
- Go to File, Options
- Select Schedule
- Scroll down to the Calculation options for this project section
- Ensure the setting under 'Updating Task status updates resource status' in unchecked. If not, uncheck it and click OK.
- This change will also need to be set for all projects going forward to prevent this issue.
- To do this:
- Under the Calculation options for this project, select 'All New Projects'
- Uncheck 'Updating Task status updates resource status'
- Click OK.
- To review all required and recommended settings in MSP in working with Clarity PPM to make sure these are set correctly, see kb000010047.
Clarity PPM and MSP integration known defects - Support Technical Document Index (KB: 15956)
Clarity PPM and MSP integration - List of knowledge documents (KB: 71385)
List of Clarity PPM KB articles related to issues opening projects in MSP (KB: 138671)
- See KB: 141061 for tips on how to optimize use of Self Service for Clarity PPM