There are two different ways to store an image in Rally:
- The Rally application hosts the image as an attachment.
- We create a link to an image on an external site where it is hosted.
When you copy/paste from Word to Rally, for example, you are uploading the image to Rally and we host it as an attachment.
However, if you copy an image from another website, it becomes a link to that original website's location, and no attachment object is created in Rally. There are a few caveats to be aware of when this happens:
- If the image is moved or removed from the original site, Rally will lose its ability to display the image.
- If the website implements Cross-Origin Resource Sharing (CORS) restrictions, the image may cease to display, depending on how CORS is configured on the source site.
- If the image requires credentials to view, other users in Rally may not be able to view the image.