If you try to sync a user that does not exist in AD, the system crashes (only WPs) and needs a coldstart.
Steps to reproduce:
- setup a working UC_LDAP_xxx with VERSION=1
- set a valid SYNC_LOGIN
- create a new user with the correct name, e.g. "USERNAME/DEPARTMENT"
- activate LDAP and synchronize - Sync is successful
- now create a new user with an incorrect name, e.g. "USRNAME/DEPARTMENT"
- activate LDAP and synchronize - Sync is not successful
- no error is displayed, but there are traces and dumps generated in temp folder of AE
Release : 21.x
Component: Automation Engine
Context: only could occur if LDAP integration is enabled with VERSION=1 in UC_LDAP_* (PWP would handle the integration with LDAP).
Update to a fix version listed below or a newer version if available.
Component(s): Automation Engine
Will be fixed in Automation.Engine 21.0.9 - Planned release late December 2023
Bug ID: AE-31881
Public Description: A bug was fixed where if a LDAP user was missing, and the LDAP server was returning a successful search even if there was no user, then the WP process would crash. This happened only for VERSION=1 on UC_LDAP_*