We would like to know what is the calculation or what are the commands used by the ad_server probe to collect metrics.
Specifically, we are interested in the below 2 metrics.
What are these metrics meant for?
- Total replication partners have failed to synchronize (Warning)
Release : UIM 20.4.x, ad_server 2.05
For any profiles created under [WMI] category:
• The probe uses Windows Management Instrumentation APIs to read the data of any classes supported by this API and then return it to the users, it does not do any calculation other than that.
• For the profile MSAD_ReplNeighbor, the probe is reading MSAD ReplNeighbor class, which is one of the WMI classes supported by Active Directory Domain Services, (WMI Provider Classes in Active Directory Domain Services - Win32 apps | Microsoft Learn)
For any profiles created under [Health Monitor] category:
• The probe uses a DirectorySearcher object to search and perform queries against an Active Directory Domain Services hierarchy using Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) then return it to the users, it does not do any calculation other than that, please refer Microsoft documentation (DirectorySearcher Class (System.DirectoryServices) | Microsoft Learn)
• Specially for the profile [Total replication partners have failed to synchronize (Warning)], the probe is counting the number of replication neighbors connected to the current controller that have not synced.