When upgrading the Vantage Web UI from 14.1 to 14.1.3, the following error was received during startup of the VANWEBUI STC:
SEVERE: Error configuring application listener of class ¨com.ca.vantage.gwt.server.listener.VantageContextLoader(
The Vantage PAX file was somehow corrupted (yet, installation of the PAX file did NOT show any errors when files were copied, etc., as seen in the Vantage INSTALL log, etc.).
The PAX file was re-downloaded and copied to the INSTALL folder of the Vantage installation (anything in this folder that was there previously was first deleted before the PAX file was placed there). Also, some additional steps to take before performing the maintenance upgrade:
1) The contents of the 'runtime' folder should be deleted before performing the upgrade if the same folder is being re-used.
2) The VANWEBUI task should be shut down before performing the upgrade.
3) UNPAX the PAX file from the 'install' folder, and not some other place (such as an alternate path, a different zFS file mount, etc.)
4) Backup the Vantage DB ('vantagedb' folder) before performing the upgrade.
Additional notes concerning *any* ': java.lang.ClassNotFoundException' type of error seen during VANWEBUI startup:
1) This error could be caused by specifying an incorrect 'runtime' path (such as via the Vantage 'CATALINA_HOME=' variable of the VANWEBUI STC JCL).
2) The contents of the files of the Vantage 'runtime' path are corrupted somehow.
Install/Upgrade Wizard info (especially note the WARNING provided in this doc):