Policy trace report archive (downloaded from Management Center) contains error.txt file with following content:
- ERROR, Invalid download file:default_trace, or
- ERROR, Invalid download file:mc_trace
- Management Center is used to run policy trace on managed proxySG appliances.
- Download policy trace feature is enabled.
- When policy trace job is created from Management center, the policy trace file does not exist until web traffic hit the policy trace rule.
- Management Center is using different policy trace file names depending on policy trace conditions. Management Center saves the full policy trace as default_trace and the filtered policy trace file as mc_trace.
- Make sure interesting traffic is forwarded via proxy and policy trace rule applied.
- If you run full policy trace you should stop policy trace (with "Download policy trace" feature enabled) with the same condition, i.e. full policy trace, then Management Center will download default_trace file from proxySG appliance.
- If you run filtered policy trace you should stop policy trace (with "Download policy trace" feature enabled) with the same condition, i.e. full filtered policy trace, then Management Center will download mc_trace file from proxySG appliance.
Note: If you select Filtered Policy Trace, you must set at least one filter. A filtering rule with no trigger or full policy trace can cause the ProxySG appliance performance to substantially degrade.