UIM - Monitor disk offline state / NTFS mount dismounted
Article ID: 270556
DX Unified Infrastructure Management (Nimsoft / UIM)
We need to monitor disk offline status for Windows servers but this option is not available in the CDM probe.
We are trying to get an alert whenever a non-OS disk on a Windows server goes offline:
How can we monitor when an NTFS volume is successfully dismounted?
- Release: UIM 20.4
- CDM, ntevl, any version
- When changing the disk status from offline to online the event is written in the Windows Event log.
- Event ID 303 is generated in the Windows Event Log when the NTFS volume has successfully dismounted.
- Technically this event indicates: "This event is logged when the user on client computer disconnected from the following network resource"
- Using the ntevl probe it is possible to monitor this event and receive an alarm when this event occurs
- NT Event Log (broadcom.com)