There is an OOTB Clarity job called Anonymize Personally Identifiable Information (PII) job, which will scramble the selected resources personal data (Personally Identifiable Information)
- As a requirement, PMO Accelerator must be installed on the system and the PII attribute items that come with it
- Also a working connection with Data Warehouse and DB LINK is required to be able to mask the data there as well
- Make sure you have created a database backup. Never perform these steps in a Production environment.
- Connect as administrator, make sure you have full permissions on the PII object
- Check the fields you consider sensitive information in Clarity.
By default, the application is configured to anonymize:
- resource ID
- resource full name
- resource first name
- resource last name
- resource email address
The full list of fields that are anonymized is here
- If you need any more fields to be added to this - go to Home - PII Attributes and create a new entry [pointing to your custom attribute]
Option 1: Do you want to anonymize just a number of inactive resources?
- Set the resources you want to anonymize to Inactive
- On the Resources list, add the attribute Anonymize Personally Identifiable Information (PII) and set it to Selected (checked) for the resources you wish to anonymize
- Run the job Anonymize Personally Identifiable Information (PII) with the option Anonymize Only Inactive Resources with Anonymize PII Selected
Option 2: If you would like to scramble the entire database (NOT on Production environment)
- Take a database backup (IMPORTANT)
- Connect to Administration - Job Definitions - Anonymize Personally Identifiable Information (PII)
- Go to Parameters - select WARNING! Anonymize ALL Resources and uncheck Read Only, then Save
- Run the job Anonymize Personally Identifiable Information (PII) with the option WARNING! Anonymize ALL Resources Selected
- Go back in the job definition and reset the parameter back to Read Only and Save
RUNNING THIS JOB WILL ERASE ALL THE PII DATA ON THE RESOURCES
- Verify that you have backed up all your resource data before you run the Anonymize Personally Identifiable Information (PII) job.
- When you run this job, the resource data is permanently obfuscated. You cannot undo this operation.
- Broadcom Support and Broadcom Service partners cannot help retrieve lost data unless you made a reliable backup.
- A backup is helpful if you are testing the feature and want to restore data, or you accidentally obfuscated data that you want to restore.
- However, you might need to encrypt, obfuscate, or purge the backup to comply with your security policies or other regulations.
Disclaimer: Broadcom is not responsible for protected data that you anonymize and later decide you want to retrieve.