The following error appears in the checkdb log file:
STDLOG shows the following error:
CA Service Desk Manager 17.3 and 17.4
1. Open Regedit > HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\ComputerAssociates\Shared\CAPKI5 > right-click on CAPKI5 > Export > Save the .reg as a backup
2. Open Regedit > Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ComputerAssociates\Shared\CAPKI5 > right-click on CAPKI5 > Export > Save the .reg as a backup
3. Remove HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\ComputerAssociates\Shared\CAPKI5
4. Remove Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ComputerAssociates\Shared\CAPKI5
5. Go to the CA SDM 17.3 GA ISO > <local drive>\patches\common > Copy etpki_5_2_5-00_amd64_64bit_fips folder to C: drive (or local drive)
6. Open CMD and go to the etpki_5_2_5-00_amd64_64bit_fips folder > Run:
setup.exe install caller=SDM verbose
7. Ensure there is no error after running this command. Check CMD window and %TEMP%\capki_install.log to confirm there is no error.
If no error, continue with step 8
8. Open a new cmd and run: sql_check_db -c
If the connection is successful, then the SDM service should start.