How to change the RESCODE for an existing RESCLASS resource class in the RDT.
Getting the following error trying to TSS REPLACE the RESOCDE.
tss rep(rdt) resclass(jojo) rescode(136)
TSS0299E RESCODE KEYWORD ILLEGAL FOR FUNCTION
TSS0301I REPLACE FUNCTION FAILED, RETURN CODE = 4
Release : 16.0
RESCODE keyword is not valid for a TSS REPLACE(RDT) command.
Changing the RESCODE is a multi-step process.
To change the RESCODE:
1. TSS REVOKE all PERMITs for that RESCLASS. TSS WHOHAS $$TEST(*) to get list of PERMITs for that resource class.
TSS REVOKE(xxxx) $$TEST(xxxxxxx)
for every PERMIT
2. Remove all ownerships for that resource.
TSS WHOOWNS $$TEST(*)
to get a list of ownerships for that resource class
TSS REM(owningacid) $$TEST(xxxxx)
for every ownership.
3. Remove the resource class:
TSS REM(RDT) RESCLASS($$TEST)
4. Add the resource class back under the new RESCODE
TSS ADD(RDT) RESCLASS($$TEST) RESCODE(new_rescode) ATTR(xxxxxxxxxxx) ACLST(xxxxx)
5. Re-OWN and re-PERMIT back the resources, deleted previously using the TSS WHOHAS and TSS WHOOWNS displays gathered previously.