SUMMARY: If the project is autonumbered and not financially enabled the project ID can be changed on a hierarchy
1. Autonumber the ID on projects
2. Create a project and make sure project does not have actuals
3. Create a Hierarchy
4. Import project into your Hierarchy
5. Go to Investments > Grid view
6. Bring in Project / Investment ID into your view as a column
7. Double click on id to edit id
8. Change project id to an id not in use
9. Click off somewhere on screen
Expected Result: Error message that Investment ID cannot be changed in Hierarchies or in the Project List
Actual Result: Investment ID is changed in Hierarchies but not in project list
Release : 16.0.3, 16.1 and 16.1.1
The resolution for this problem is included in 188.8.131.52 and 16.1.2
This was originally tracked as DE69088.
NOTE: The fix for this issue will provide a 'reactive' experience for the user. Because there are different investment types that could or could not have the field auto-numbered, we cannot lock the entire column for editing. If the user tries to edit the ID for an Investment object that has this field auto-numbered, a reactive Toast message will appear to indicate it cannot be updated.