We recently changed our RPI task's processing CLASS from CLASS=R to CLASS=D. This change was successful.
However, when we issue the CLOSE command to shutdown the CADZSPLx task, we are now receiving a S0E0 abend in the CADZSPLx task after the following messages are issued:
CADD043W SPL0 close enforced for orphaned report Name/Token not found
CADD184I SPL0 Token=000086A5 Job=HSM DDname=SYS00681 Ord#=00034463
CADD084I SPL0 Token=000086A5 Jid=STC04919 PrcStep= Step=HSM
CADD085I SPL0 Token=000086A5 Class=R Dest= Origin=Intercept
CADD042W SPL0 delete enforced for empty orphaned report Name/Token not found
CADD184I SPL0 Token=00008C4B Job=CICSPRDA DDname=LOGUSR Ord#=00000144
CADD084I SPL0 Token=00008C4B Jid=STC00029 PrcStep= Step=CICSPRDA
CADD085I SPL0 Token=00008C4B Class=R Dest= Origin=Intercept
IEA995I SYMPTOM DUMP OUTPUT 367
SYSTEM COMPLETION CODE=0E0 REASON CODE=00000029
TIME=22.10.44 SEQ=16372 CPU=0000 ASID=0099
PSW AT TIME OF ERROR 070C4000 8000C51E ILC 4 INTC 29
ACTIVE MODULE ADDRESS=00000000_000072A0 OFFSET=0000527E
DATA AT PSW 0000C518 - DAAC4120 DAA85020 1014BFFF
AR/GR 0: 00000000/00000003 1: 000086A5/0001F40C
2: 00000000/0001F408 3: 00000000/00000000
4: 01FF002A/00DC1A00 5: 01FF0026/000D2718
6: 00000000/0F242618 7: 00000000/12A88060
8: 00000000/92A88000 9: 00000000/0000C6E8
A: 00000000/01DB0900 B: 00000000/0000C29C
C: 00000000/800072A0 D: 00000000/0001E960
E: 00000000/00000000 F: 01000002/00000000
END OF SYMPTOM DUMP
IEF450I CADZSPL0 SPL0 - ABEND=S0E0 U0000 REASON=00000029
The 2 orphaned reports did not get deleted and keep causing CADZSPLx task to abend during shutdown.
How to remove these orphaned reports?
Dispatch, 11.7, z/OS
Running back leveled Dispatch maintenance in conjunction with issuing an improper CLOSE command to shutdown the CADZSPLx task while the INTERCEPT function is actively intercepting reports.
To resolve the immediate problem, perform the following steps to delete these old obsolete entries from the RIDF TYPE=OTHER queue:
- Access the VOPMI200-Report Input Display Facility screen via options 8.2 from the main menu
- On this screen, change the 'Type ==> RPI' to 'Type ==> OTHER' and press [enter]
- Tab down next to the (Job=HSM Jid=STC04919) entry and type a 'F' in the OPT column and press [enter]
- If the 'F' command is successful, the TYPE column will change from RCVY to USER
- If the TYPE column now reflects USER, tab down next to this same entry and type a 'D' next to is again to delete it
- Repeat the same process (First 'F' then 'D') against the Job=CICSPRDA Jid=STC00029 entry also shown in the error messages
As a preventative followup:
* Apply all CURRENT Dispatch maintenance.
* You should never have the output from long running batch jobs or started tasks being processed by the INTERCEPT function of CADZSPLx. Divert the output from long running applications out to the JES queue and let it be collected by the appropriate CADZSPLx SAPI tasks post-spool.
* When shutting down the CADZSPLx task when the INTERCEPT function is active, make sure you are issuing the correct 'F SPLx,CLOSE IMM' command so that Dispatch will build the appropriate control blocks that enable it to collect, process and recover "partially" intercepted data correctly after the CADZSPLx and CADZSAPx (SAPI) tasks are restarted.