When deploying the java_jre 2.15 package some Java probes do not restart and end up in a red/down state.
The following lines may be seen in the controller.log during deployment of the JRE package:
Mar 1 12:40:11:238  0 Controller: inst_execute_status: sending reply rc=7(temporarily out of resources)
Mar 1 12:40:12:246  0 Controller: inst_execute_status: sending reply rc=0(OK)
Mar 1 12:40:15:041  0 Controller: post-install '.\jre\extract_jre.bat jre-8u352b08-windows-x64.7z' returned 2
Release : 20.4
The following process should resolve the issue:
- make note of all the PIDs for java-based probes on the robot.
- Stop all the Java-based probes on the robot
- check Task Manager/"ps" and see if any leftover java process are running, if so terminate them -- use the list of PIDs from step 1 to determine if any of those PIDs are still active.
- Redeploy the java_jre 2.15 package
- Restart the robot
- Activate the java-based probes