How to bypass sites from Web Isolation UPE policy?
Release : 1
1. Create a "Category list" in Management Center - Policy - <click on the policy you want to edit> - Launch Web VPM
2. Click on "Configuration" - "Categories" on Web VPM
3. Click on "Add Category"
4. Enter a name (in this case we'll use WI_Bypass) for the category and enter the url domain you want to bypass from Isolation one URL per line.
IMPORTANT NOTE: DO NOT USE category name with Isolation_ as it conflict with existing internal policy definition causing definition to be ignored.
5. Click "Apply" when you are done and click "Save Policy"
Having Isolation with UPE policy requires you to use the following define conditions CPL policy (see here). Assuming you have the following category seen below (category "none" and "Web Hosting") only forwarding to Isolation. Inserting "url.category=!("WI_Bypass")" at the end of the line would cause any request with domain that are in "WI_Bypass" to MISS (as we are negating (!) what's in WI_Bypass) the forwarding run hence bypassing policy that would forward request to Isolation. In other words we are only forwarding request to Isolation when request url category is either "none" or "Web Hosting" or "Placeholders" that are NOT in the "WI_Bypass" category.
Some examples (if hostgator.com and a2hosting.com were added into "WI_Bypass")
1. if client send request hostgator.com, site will NOT be isolated as it is categories as "Web Hosting" and it is in the "WI_Bypass" list
2. If client send request to inmotionhost.com, site will be isolated as it is categories as "Web Hosting" and it is NOT in the "WI_Bypass" list
define condition Isolation_CondWebIsolationMatchCriteriaWebAccess
url.category=("none","Web Hosting") url.category=!("WI_Bypass")
define condition Isolation_CondWebIsolationMatchCriteriaForwarding
server_url.category=("none","Web Hosting") server_url.category=!("WI_Bypass")