In this document there are some best practices about how to interface MIM with GDPS for K Systems.
Release : 12.5
In GDPS configuration, K Systems don't usually share dasd with other Systems, but it is still necessary to convert all RESERVES.
The best way to do that is the following:
- create a DEFSYS with only 2 Systems on it - 1 is the K System and 1 is "Dummy".
- Code INITIAL=FREED on each System on the DEFSYS
- Run with GDIINIT PROCESS=ALLSYSTEMS, RESERVES=CONVERT
- QNAME list just needs one arbitrary entry.
- Start MIM on the K System.
- K System will synchronize by itself - Dummy System will be marked as FREED.
- D COUNTS should show all RESERVES being converted.
This is a general answer but, in order to have more assistance on that it would be better to open a case under Support Portal for MIM.