The related Clarity item is not getting created because the field mapping and sync options are not honored correctly.
Steps to Reproduce:
- Create the Object mapping Project to Epic , and Idea to Initiative, where Idea is child of project and Epic is parent of Initiative.
- Have the field mapping 'Project name to Name 'with direction as C2R and sync option as 'create and update' under 'Project to Epic' Object mapping.
- Have the field mapping 'subject to Name' with direction as Both and sync option as 'create and update' under 'Idea to Initiative' Object mapping.
- Now run the OnDemandSync job for the project instance
- The related parent Epic instance and child Initiative instance will get created in Rally.
- Now update the parent field for the created child Initiative instance in Rally.
- Create a new initiative as a child in Rally under the above Epic instance
- Run the OnDemandSync job for the above project instance
- Observe that the related child idea instance will not get created in Clarity
Expected Results: The Rally to Clarity 'child' create/update should honor the 'child' field mapping directions and sync options.
Actual Results: The Rally to Clarity 'child' create/update is honoring the 'parent' field mapping directions and sync options and therefore the instance is not created.
WorkAround: Change the Clarity to Rally sync direction for the field mapping 'Project Name to Epic Name' to the 'Both’ sync direction (or) the Rally to Clarity sync direction.