Adding/Moving a SEPM with different IP and hostname to the existing Remote SQL database
Article ID: 258988
This article describes how to move, add or delete your old Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager (SEPM) to another server with different IP address and hostname and connect it to the existing SQL database.
This method is used to move the old (current) SEPM to a new server, that has a different IP and hostname.
Please note: Suitable only for remote Microsoft SQL server databases.
Additionally, it is required to have same SEPM build version for both sites.
This method adds a new SEPM on your existing Site. The end results will show that you can have two SEP managers on a single site, where the old SEPM, after configuration, can be deleted. Allowing to use a new SEPM with a new IP and hostname.
Below are outlined steps:
1. On your new server, install the appropriate version of the SEPM that matches the old SEPM version.
2.Launch the Management Server Configuration Wizard, and choose "Custom configuration for new installation" option.
3. Choose "Install an additional management server to an existing site" option.
5. Connect and authenticated to your remote database server.
6. Launch the new SEPM with the old SEPM credentials.
7. In the Management Server List change priority 1 as the new SEPM and priority 2 as the old SEPM. Depending on the amount of clients, wait around 30-60 days for all the clients to use the new SEPM. The amount days is dependent on each individual environment. Make sure that every client has switched communicating from the old SEPM to the new SEPM before any further action. Once that is done you can decommission your old SEPM by selecting Admin > Servers > "old SEPM" > Delete Selected Server.