How to get a list of single select drop down values with hundreds of values for a custom dropdown list
Article ID: 258203
CA Agile Central SaaS (Rally)
I have a multi select custom field, and it has a list of values that can be populated in the hundreds. I would like to retrieve this list to ensure we aren't missing any value.
How can I do this?
The following steps will walk you through how to do this:
- Login to Rally
- Open another tab in the browser and navigate to this URL: https://rally1.rallydev.com/slm/doc/webservice/
- In the left menu select "Object Model"
- Use the "ctl" and "f" key at the same time to create a search box (as seen in my screenshot)
- Search for the name of your field. Make sure there is only one instance of that name. Multiple instances mean there is a field named the same name for another artifact type.
- Once you have found the field you should see all values for that field.