UIM database getting full
Article ID: 257431
DX Unified Infrastructure Management (Nimsoft / UIM)
CA Unified Infrastructure Management On-Premise (Nimsoft / UIM)
CA Unified Infrastructure Management SaaS (Nimsoft / UIM)
DBA continuously raising incident for UIM DB full issue
In this use case DB was full due to maintenance from data engine probe got disabled. To process the old records data maintenance needs to be reenabled from data engine probe
Steps to reenable the primary data_engine maintenance
- In the Infrastructure Manager, open the Primary hub data_engine probe's Raw configure menu (SHIFT + right click)
- Confirm that the 'show_admin_upgrade_primary' key is set to 'yes' (add/edit key if it doesn't exist)
- Select the data_engine probe and open the probe utility (via Ctrl + P)
- Using the drop down menu, select 'admin_upgrade_primary'
- Click the green arrow to execute the command. It should display 'Ok.'
- Once the call is executed, the 'primary' data_engine is set as shown in the data_engine raw configure screen (data_engine_id = 1)
You should now be able to edit the Data Management default values in the GUI.