Create processes profile via MCS and check for process.
Alarm is coming à ok
When the process was running again, the alarm was not cleared.
A new alarm was generated with a new pid but didn't clear the original alarm.
- processes (Enhanced) MCS profile
- Testing performed with vi and cdm (nimbus (cdm) processes
- 'Track process by process Identifier ID' selected in the MCS Profile
- Generate alarm on process restart was also selected
- Process instances option was also enabled
Once the monitored process is deactivated, after approx. 1-2 minutes time, more than 1 alarm is generated due to the process being down. The alarms displayed different NIMIDs.
Also the 2nd alarm with a different NIMID (when tracking by PID), sometimes shows up approx. 1-2 minutes later.
For now, the workaround for this double alarm behavior is to DISABLE Track process by Process Identifier (PID) and simply track process by name or name + command line.
Engineering/DEV stated that they will create a new thread for this separately to keep track and discuss how it should be changed/enhanced or what other options and results make sense.
The L2 team will take under consideration if some design changes should be made moving forward, e.g., options to send an alarm for each application process when down.