Tasks notes exponentially multiply when saving a project back from Open Workbench or MSP on Oracle environments. Once the tasks notes have increased to a large number, OWB is no longer able to open the affected projects.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Login to a Clarity environment using a Oracle database
2. Create a project
3. Create a task on the project
4. Export the project to OWB or MSP
5. In OWB or MSP, add 1 note on the task
6. Save the project back to Clarity. Verify that there is still only 1 note on the task in Clarity
7. Export the project to OWB or MSP. Verify that there is still only 1 note on the task in OWB or MSP
8. Save the project back to Clarity
9. In Clarity, check the number of notes on the task.
Expected Result: There is still only 1 note on the task
Actual Result: There are 2 notes on the task. The notes will exponentially multiple every time the project is opened in OWB or MSP and saved back from here on out. The 1 note will go to 2 notes then to 4... At some point when the notes increase to a very large number, this will cause OWB or MSP to no longer be able to open the project.
This issue also occurs for task notes created in Clarity.
This issue is not reproducible when using an Postgres database.
Release : 16.0.3/16.1.0
This impacts environments with an Oracle or MS SQL database. This does not impact Postgres (GCP SaaS as hosted by Broadcom)
The fix for this issue will be included in 16.0.3 patch 3 and the 16.1.1 release