UIM logmon probe performance issues noted in the log file
Article ID: 255162
DX Unified Infrastructure Management (Nimsoft / UIM)
Can logmon logs be reviewed to provide insight into performance issues? What messages can be used to indicate these issues?
There are a couple of messages in the logs that provide insight into the performance on the probe and indicate problems.
- You can see when the watcher starts and ends. That needs to complete before the interval is over. If the files are taking longer to review than is allowed, you'll see issues.
- Starting a profile:
Nov 23 20:27:30:719  logmon: check_profiles - [Profile Name] running in thread
- Ending a profile... it tells you how long it took:
Nov 23 20:27:30:819  logmon: [Profile Name] used 99 ms scanning 138960 bytes
- In this case, the profile was scheduled to run every 30 seconds. 99 ms is well under that, so no problems.
- Another to check is failures to read the monitored file. It'll look like this:
- Nov 23 20:37:47:368  logmon: ptScanOpen of [FilePath]\testfile.log failed!