When using Firefox as a browser, with the PDF setting 'Open in Firefox' and you click on a Status Report attachment link from the Status Report grid, it opens the PDF in the same tab that was being used to view the grid. In previous releases (16.0.3) it opened a new tab to the right of the current Clarity tab.
STEPS TO REPRODUCE:
1. In Firefox Settings> Applications, set the PDF setting 'Open in Firefox'
2. In MUX go to Status Report grid view and make sure that Attachment is one of the columns in the View.
3. Click on an active link to the report pdf in the Attachment column in the grid
Expected Results: The PDF report will be opened in a new tab to the right of the current Clarity tab
Actual Results: The PDF report is opened overwriting the Clarity tab. The user must use the back button to get back to the grid.
Release : 16.1.0
DE67461 - Addressed in version 16.1.1 of Clarity.
1. The fix works for all the status reports which will be published after the application of the fix. But it will continue to open the already published pdf documents in the same tab.
2. There is some inconsistency in the way the Firefox browser treats pdf files. When the generated file name is 'status report1.pdf', it is opened in the same tab, but if the file name is 'status report1.PDF' then it opens in a separate tab.
The other browsers, Chrome and Edge treat the '.pdf' and '.PDF' the same way, always opening the documents in a new tab. The fix provided with this release addresses the steps outlined above only and does not solve the generic problem with the Firefox browser.