An Unload job is failing with error DBOJ103E when invoking IIR.
DBOJ103E ERROR OCCURRED IN IIR INTERFACE.
Release : 20.0
In the MUF STC joblog we can see that the cause of the IIR failure in the unload job was a space abend.
DB01705I - DYNAMIC EXTEND START IXX615 TRK 4,890 SYS2.DATACOM.IMSS.IXX615
DB01702I - DYNAMIC EXTEND OF AREA IXX615 HAS FAILED
To resolve the space problem run DBUTLTY with SYSIN card REPORT AREA=CXX,DBID=615
( put the CXX DD with cxx data set name,DISP=SHR in the JCL)
Look at the report for the INDEX data set name and the number of tracks .
To increase the space ,
1. Stop all IMS activity
2. Run DBUTLTY with SYSIN cards
3. Rename the existing IXX615 data set name to dsn.old
4. Allocate a larger IXX615 data set name ( same name as before) with primary and secondary allocation
4. Run DBUTLTY with SYSIN cards
note that this job requires some SORTWKnn work files for the SORT package that is being used
5. If all fine , run DBUTLTY ACCESS STATUS=WRITE,DBID=615
6. Delete dsn.old
Also, as a temporary work around you can run DBUTLTY with SYSIN card DEFRAG DBID=615
DEFRAG can be run while the base is in use by the IMS tool application.
This should free up some space in the index .
Also refer to the Rebuilding an index area documentation.