Insight Job Dependency Data Table not loading Input Controls to configure report
Release : 6.4.3
In this scenario we were able to see the full list of Insight reports, but when selecting a report like Job Dependency Data Table, none of the Input Control were showing up to configure the report.
1. In the web browser right click on a blank space on the page and select "Inspect" to launch Developer Tools.
2. Clock on the network column.
3. Sort by Status codes so that non 200 codes show up at the top of the list.
4. Attempt to configure the report again.
5. In this scenario there was a 302 status code indicating a redirect error.
There was also a message about "strict-origin-when-cross-origin" message indicating a possible domain name mismatch.
With Insight, the domain name between AAI and Insight must match, in the FQDN you are using to access/configure each.
6. In this case the request URL was to the Insight server's URL and it was correct.
There was a Remote Address listed as well, which was the correct IP address of the Insight server.
We used "ping -a" from the AAI server to ping the FQDN and then the IP address listed.
We found the ping -a of the ip address was returning a hostname with a different domain name then the current domain name used in AAI.
7. Work around was to edit the hosts file on the AAI server and Reporting server, the have to IP address redirect to the correct hostname with the correct domain name.
This should also be address in DNS by your network team.