Replacing the power supply in the Netapp E5660 storage array
Article ID: 254447
There may be a report of a failed power supply or canister in your storage array.
Replacing a Failed Power Canister in the E5660 Controller-Drive Tray
If a fault is detected, the amber Power Service Action Required LED is on.
LEDs on a power supply canister
- Standby LED (Green)
- Output DC Power LED (Green)
- Power Service Action Allowed LED (Blue)
- Power Service Action Required LED (Amber)
- Input AC Power LED (Green)
Turn off the Power switch on the power canister that has failed.
1 - Power switch
Removing Power Canister
- Remove the plastic strain relief from the power cord.
- Unplug the power cord from the failed power canister.
- Remove the power canister from the controller-drive tray.
- Rotate the power canister latches outward to disengage the power canister.
- Use the power canister latches as handles to pull the power canister out of the drive tray.
1) Power Canister Latches
Installing a Power Canister in the E5660 Controller-Drive Tray
While removing the power canister, you might notice an increase in fan speed. The fan speed returns to normal after you have replaced the power canister.
ATTENTION Possible hardware damage – To prevent electrostatic discharge damage to the tray, use proper anti-static protection when handling tray components.
- Put on antistatic protection.
- Slide the replacement power canister all the way into the controller-drive tray.
- Rotate the power canister latches towards the center to lock the power canister into place.
- Make sure that the Power switch on the replacement power canister is turned off, and then plug in the power
- Attach the plastic strain relief to the power cord, and make sure that it fits snugly up against the power canister.
- Turn on the Power switch on the replacement power canister.
- Check the green Input AC Power LED and the amber Power Service Action Required LED on the new power canister
- Check the status of the storage array using SMcli -n array_name_here -c 'show storagearray healthstatus;'
This should complete the power supply canister replacement. Please let support know the current status.