In order to ensure that your users settings are retained between the 12.2 and 12.3 Desktop Clients, I will advise that each user should back up their current workspace directory on their local workstations before removing the 12.2 DC. The workspace-CAWA folder is where all of the details are stored with respect to the connections to your various dSeries environments.
Here are your steps that each user must follow in order to retain their connections and Customer Views:
- Ensure Desktop Client is not running.
- Open Windows Explorer and navigate to C:\Users\<your_windows_user_account>
Note: If the workstation is shared, then each user that uses the machine will need to perform this action individually.
- Locate the workspace-CAWA directory and copy it to the users desktop.
- Once you've created backup, you can launch the uninstaller process to remove the 12.2 version of DC.
- Finally, restore the backup to the original location: C:\Users\<your_windows_user_account>
This should ensure that all of the individual users setting remain intact.