How to enroll the SPE scanner to a new tenant when it is already enrolled in another tenant where you lost access to
Article ID: 252544
Protection Engine for Cloud Services
You have a SPE scanner enrolled in a tenant where you lost access to and you need to enroll it to a new tenant
SPE enrolled in the cloud
Lost access to the old tenant
- For SPE running on windows machine, stop the Symantec Protection Engine Service (SPE) and Symantec CAF Service (CAF) highlighted below:
For SPE Scanner running on Linux machine, execute the following command to stop Symantec Protection Engine Service (SPE) and Symantec CAF Service (CAF) :
- Go to the SPE scanner deployment location, and look for file "centralmgmt.xml"
- Reset the highlighted field value as shown in the screenshot below:
- Download the enrolment scripts from the cloud console by logging into new tenant.
- Restart SPE service first and NOT CAF service
- Execute the enrolment scripts downloaded in step 4, this will start the CAF service if everything is fine.