Would it be possible to know exactly which members (version and level) will be copied to the production libraries (or deleted) when doing a package output shipment?
Release : 18.1
It is not possible to know in advance which members will be shipped to the remote destination. This decision is the result of a complex logic which is performed by the package shipment programs and depends on:
- The packages included in the shipment
- Whether each package has updated a member more than once.
- Whether the packages are backed out, totally or partially.
- Whether the ship request specifies to ship the outputs or the backouts
- Whether optional feature 'ship package ASIS' is enabled onsite
Consequently, it is not possible to know in advance what will be the version and level of the elements whose outputs are processed by the ship.