As part of performance studies on MOI, a script was created to collect some disk speed statistics on a MOI appliance.
Please follow the steps listed below to create the disk speed test stats:
Note: The disk-test_1663861696391.zip file has been attached to this KD.
Here are the steps to execute the script and produce the stats output to upload to this Case:
* Download the disk-test_1663861696391.zip file to your MOI appliance into the /tmp directory
* Unzip the file using the unzip disk-test.zip command.
* There will be disk-test.sh and disk-test.s390x.sh scripts extracted. Only run one of the scripts based on your appliance architecture. Either script requires that your appliance be shutdown before the script is executed.
* Execute the moi-shutdown script.
* Once it completes, execute the docker ps -a command and ensure that all MOI services are stopped.
* Execute the disk speed test script: for x86: sh disk-test.sh or for s390x: sh disk-test.s390x.sh
* The script will take 10 mins or less to execute.
* Once it completes, please capture the stats output and upload it to a Support Case.
* Once the upload is completed, you can execute moi-startup script to bring your appliance back up. All services should be healthy in 10 to 15 minutes.