SGOS supports several upload clients for the appliance. One of these is the custom client which can be selected and edited under the Configuration > Access Logging > Logs > Upload Client menu.
Note: Multiple upload clients can be configured per log facility, but only one can be enabled and used per upload.
Here's the key custom client information:
- The Custom client is based on plain sockets and you must have a socket server to use the Custom client.
- FQDNs or hostnames are not supported by the custom client; instead only IPs can be used.
- IPs must be entered in IPv4 format.
- After an IP address is entered for the host, specify a port number; the default port is "69" for custom clients.
- If the "Use secure connections (SSL)" option is selected, the IP address entered as the Host IP must match the IP address in the certificate presented by the server.
- In respect to the upload client "Transmission Parameters"
- The encryption option (Encryption Certificate) is not available for Custom clients.
- The digital signing option (Signing Keyring) is not available for Custom clients.