While updating a promptset in a WorkFlow object definition where the workflow is running and hitting back button, an error is thrown
Reproduced in Support
1) Create a promptset with a single text field or whatever you'd like
2) Create a script that has the promptset on it and a wait 100 (or create a sleep 100 unix job with the promptset on it as well)
3) Create a workflow with the script/object from step 2 in it
4) Save and execute
5) While WF is still active, open WF definition
6) Go to task from step 2
7) Go to PromptSets properties - update promptset field with any value
8) Save - don't do anything when it says "WARNING: Modifications in object 'JOBP.NAME' may affect running processes. Save anyway?"
9) Hit back button on browser - Notice "The object 'JOBP.NAME' has been modified. Do you want to save changes before closing?"
10) Hit Save & Close
Either a popup going back to "WARNING: Modifications in object 'JOBP.NAME' may affect running processes. Save anyway?" (this is what happens for instance when updating process tab in script object while script is running)
or changes are saved
in 12.3, a blank error shows
in 12.3.3, a StackTrace shows java.lang.RuntimeException: preSave was called but no postSave or saveDeclined happened (this can lead to workflow corruption!)
21.0.0 shows error with no option to view stacktrace: An unexpected error occurred. Further details are available in the logfiles.