When doing an Application Control Assessment, it may ask about Data in Transit Encryption
The control procedure details approved methods for protecting data in transit, including with third parties. There are three ways to secure data in transit:
- Encrypt the data upfront at the application level and then transmit it; or
- Transmit the data by leveraging approved secured transmission protocols; or
- Both of the above.
Is data sent unencrypted during any of the following data transmission scenarios:
- Web traffic
- connections to storage services
- data feeds
- between and within networks segments and interfaces
- remote connectivity and management
- connections between data centers etc.