Clarity Windows Services do not start after server reboot (set to Manual)
Article ID: 247406
Clarity PPM On Premise
Clarity PPM SaaS
After applying Windows patch and server reboot, Clarity services did not start
- Clarity Windows Services can be set to Startup Type Automatic or Manual.
- If you want the services to start automatically upon reboot, it should be set to Automatic.
- You can also leave it as Manual but then remember that the services have to be started manually after each maintenance.
- You can see that in Administrative Tools - Services - scroll to the Clarity service - right click - Properties
- Either Niku or CA PPM or Clarity is typically added to the beginning of the service name. Note the name can be customized and different from below.
- Niku/CA PPM/Clarity Background Server
- Niku/CA PPM/Clarity Application Server
- Niku/CA PPM/Clarity System Admin Server
- NikuCA PPM/Clarity Beacon Server
- Note there are 4 services total, but not all of them typically get deployed on each server.
- Select and switch the Startup Type in the properties to Automatic, Save
- You will have to repeat that on each server where Clarity is installed