Spectrum placed some device models in the Configuration Manager > Device Family > Cisco IOS Device Family. For some of these devices, I do not wish for Spectrum to run a host configuration capture.
How do I tell Spectrum not to run a host configuration capture on these models?
Release : Any
Component : Spectrum Applications / Network Configuration Manager
This can be done by performing one of the following:
1 - Disable Network Configuration Manager on an individual model by doing the following:
- Find and select the device model
- Click on the Information tab
- Find and expand the Network Configuration Manager subview
- Set the Configuration Manager parameter to Disabled
2 - Create a custom Device Family and add the model to the custom Device Family. If you add the model into a custom Device Family, Spectrum will not move it out.
To create a custom Device Family:
- Right mouse click on the device model and select Add To -> Device Family from the menu
- Click on the Create button
- Create your custom Device Family
- Select the custom Device Family from the list and click on the OK button
- Now that the custom Device Family is created, right mouse click on any device model and select Add To -> Device Family and add it to your custom Device Family
In the Configuration Manager -> Device Families folder:
- Right mouse click on your custom Device Family and select Component Detail from the menu
- Click on the Information subview
- Expand the General Configuration subview and set Configuration Manager to Disabled. This will prevent NCM form running a configuration on these models.