CloudSOC uses Microsoft Outlook Mail REST API to get Outlook activities. This API lets CloudSOC read messages and attachments, view and respond to event messages.
This article from Microsoft describes the API in detail - https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/previous-versions/office/office-365-api/api/version-2.0/mail-rest-operations
Microsoft has decided to deprecate this legacy API on 15 November 2022.
Consequently, Broadcom O365 Securlet Team has developed an integration with the newer version of this API - Microsoft’s Graph API.
To be able to use our O365 securlet with this API, our customers will need to deactivate / reactivate the O365 Securlet so the application can obtain required permissions to use Microsoft’s Graph API.
To enable the new MS Graph API the O365 Securlet has to be deactivated/reactivated.
Preparation Steps Needed In Advance:
Next save the existing O365 Securlet Config settings to be re-used later during reactivation
3. Before Deactivation/Reactivation - Create a Broadcom CASB Support case to notify Support of the date you are planning to Deactivate/Reactivate the O365 Securlet
4. Approximately 2-3 days before O365 Securlet Deactivation/Reactivation:
After Support confirmation Above - At planned date/time for Deactivation
2. Reminder: Do NOT check any box to Purge Data!
3. If there are multiple O365 accounts, remove each account one at a time by clicking the Delete Account link until you have one account left.
You’ll need to enter Your CASB Tenant’s Primary domain. (example shown below)
4. Leave the Purge Data box on the left un-checked
5. For the last O365 account, click on the Deactivate button and you’ll be required to enter the Tenant’s Primary domain again.
Steps for O365 Securlet Reactivation (after deactivation No Purge):
2. Screenshot and link below to the O365 Securlet Tech Doc section for adding additional O365 Accounts if needed
If you have further questions please engage with CASB Support through your existing or new CASB Support Case for this activity.